Clean Out Services
The business model at Stefek’s for our clean out services has proved beyond compare. When you hire Stefek’s to conduct professional clean out services, we provide the following to our customers:
- Stefek’s will evaluate if there are any auction worthy items in the house. If so, items are taken on consignment to Stefek’s Auction House.
- Gather anything personal for family (i.e. papers, photos, money, etc.).
- Arrange to provide buyers and sell as many items as possible (Stefek’s takes no commission on these sales).
- Provide a full inventory of items sold as well as what they sold for.
- Pack up and donate useful items to charity in your name.
- Provide a detailed list of items donated, fair market value, and receipt for tax deduction.
- Remove any and all debris (a Dumpster may be required) from the home. Stefek’s is not able to remove Toxic items.
- Provide shredding service for sensitive paperwork.
- Ship items to family members.
- Clean home thoroughly.
Stefek has conducted over 1,000 clean outs throughout Metro Detroit and Southeast Michigan. We understand how sensitive estate clean outs are for you and your loved ones. While other companies may take days, weeks, or months, the experienced staff at Stefek’s can sell, sort, dispose, and clean out a home in one day. Lori Stefek is a highly qualified Certified Personal Property Appraiser (CAPP), as well as the owner of an Auction House and Estate Sale business, which gives Stefek’s a clear advantage as to what is valuable, sellable, and useful as well as what is disposable in your home.
Though no job is too small, we specialize in homes in the Metro Detroit area that need a great deal of sorting and contain large volumes of accumulated assets and property. For many, the thought of trying to rid a home of these items is not only overwhelming, but also emotional, exhausting and daunting. The experienced staff at Stefek’s is equipped to unclutter a home, sift through paperwork, and determine what is useful, what has value and what needs to be disposed of. When we leave, the home is left organized and clean.
Lori Stefek is a Certified Appraiser of Personal Property (CAPP) with the International Society of Appraisers (IAP), and has been in the Estate Liquidation business for over twenty years. The CAPP designation is the highest professional designation bestowed by the ISA. It is attained by successfully completing a comprehensive program based on the application of appraisal theory, principles, methodology, ethics and report writing standards and entails the peer review of appraisal reports, approved professional development activities and a comprehensive board examination.
She is qualified to appraise general personal property ranging from contemporary furnishings, antiques and 20th century artwork. She is considered a generalist and has great research skills for those items that need attention.
Lori is the owner of Stefek’s Auctioneers & Appraisers, located in Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan. Her international auction house specializes in contemporary furniture and design as well as antiques and 20th century art. She also owns Stefek’s Estate Sales, which conducts large estate or moving sales in Southeast Michigan. In addition to her local, personal touch in Estate Sales and Clean-outs, Stefek’s Auction House has an international reach to sell consignments around the world.
- Contemporary furnishings
- Decorative Art and Accessories
- Estate and Probate
- Equitable Distribution
- Expert Witness
- Divorce Settlements
- Insurance Claims